Sunday, August 31, 2014

Gulugod Baboy: Ester's Refreshments

Mt. Gulugod Baboy, located at Anilao, Mabini, Batangas, is one of the popular hiking destinations in the province. Because it's relatively easier to climb (2/9 difficulty level), one can spend half day on the mountains and the other half on the beach! 
The steep road 
 Anyway, I climbed there for the first time last July but I needed to go back because I didn't take a photo of this store:
Ester's
 Ester's has the best tasting halo-halo in the mountains, in my opinion, so far. I climbed below ten mountains only as of yet so I may not be the best judge for this, but it's really delicious. XD It's the first store from the foot of the mountain.
With other services :D
I tried it on my first hike, however, since I climbed the second time on a Monday, Tita Ester opted not to buy ingredients for halo-halo, so we settled for buko juice (Php10) and ice candy.

Corn-flavored ice candy
 It was too sweet for my liking, but I bought another one during the descent because it's still refreshing. I tried buko ice candy too, and it's less sweet. 
Corn-flavored ice candy
 But Tita Ester's best ice candy flavor is not buko or corn; it's ube. (I tried it during my first hike so I haven't taken a photo.) It has real ube bits and it doesn't taste like ube flavoring at all - I hate ube-flavored anything. But I definitely love real ube. They are all for Php5 each, so I recommend all hikers to try them. 

Here's some photos from the peak(s)! 




View: Sunbeam Resort

Beautiful views, aren't they? Have you tried Tita Ester's refreshments, too? Share your thoughts below! :)
I will blog the climbing details and post more photos on my other page, thoughtsthisrandom.blogspot.com next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment